Free/open-source software for Mac OS X
- Bold titles denote good stuff!
- NB: I try to keep this list updated, but unfortunately it may be sorely out of date.
- Here's another good list, if also a bit out of date: http://www.opensourcemac.org
- NB for installing applications: After you mount a disk image, be sure to copy the application from the disk image to your Applications folder before running it. It is a good idea to eject the disk image and delete the .dmg file once you have done this.
- Anaconda - full Python distribution for scientific computing http://continuum.io/downloads
- Scipy Superpack - Python scientific stack (Numpy, Scipy, Matplotlib, ipython, pandas, Statsmodels, Scikit-Learn, and PyMC), installed via homebrew http://fonnesbeck.github.io/ScipySuperpack/
- PyEPL - library for coding psychology experiments in Python http://pyepl.sourceforge.net
- PsychoPy - good experiment complement to PyEPL (e.g., plays video) http://www.psychopy.org/
- R - statistical analysis software http://www.r-project.org
- Octave - For doing numerical computations, like Matlab http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/
Media: create - text/word processing
Media: create - graphics, photos
Media: create - sound, video